Friday 23 September 2011

Facing Interview

How would your boss describe you and your work style?
She'd say I have a lot of initiative. I see the big picture and do what has to be done. And that I always meet deadlines, and if I say I'm going to do something, I do. And, lastly, I have the ability to focus on what I'm working on - I am not easily distracted.

Give me an example of a project you handled from start to finish.
As a customer research analyst, I developed a database for the collection of customer data. After collecting the data, I did an analysis using Excel and wrote a summary and evaluation. I worked with the customer's marketing department so the information could be used to monitor and focus on customer behavior for future planning. The results of my work were that we had now had a user-friendly tool that accurately tracked customer behaviors.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?
My strengths are in my ability to learn quickly. I've seen a lot of changes in the technical industry. I've had to adjust and learn new programs several times. As far as weaknesses, I really enjoy my work, and sometimes I put in too much time. But by being aware of my tendency to overwork, I have learned to pace myself more and work smarter.

Do you have any questions? (Usually asked by the interviewer at the end of the interview.)
Yes, I do. Thank you for asking. What would you say would be my biggest challenges? What would a typical week look like for a person in my position?

Why did you leave your last position?
I've set some goals for my career, and myself and unfortunately, I'm at a standstill in my current situation. I have begun to explore options available before I spend too much time in a job where I cannot advance. My goal is to continue to improve myself so that I can eventually be a project manager

When have you been most motivated?
During my first job at a start-up company I had to undergo some rigorous training to understand the product and customer. At the same time, we were actually working with the customer. It required a lot of self-direction and motivation. I thrived on the whole experience - the discipline, the planning and the deadlines. It was a pressure cooker, but I got through it.

What are your salary expectations?
My expectations are that I receive a salary commensurate with my experience taking into account current market rates. Given my background and knowing that I can deliver what you’re looking for I would be looking at getting paid in the upper quartile of what the market is paying for people like me.

What experience have you had that qualifies you for this position?
For the past four years, I have been working in the e-commerce industry. I am proficient working with Java and possess a strong working knowledge of HTML. I have great communication and teamwork skills have repeatedly demonstrated an ability to get results.

No comments:

Post a Comment